Dulux Endurance, ordinary paint plus decorator's varnish or something else?

(7 Posts)
DrSeuss Mon 20-Jun-16 11:11:15

Just that, really, if anyone has any advice, please.
Very high traffic area. Young children and pets. I'm not really into home maintenance and have little spare time so I need to paint it and have it last years!
Thanks

SeashellHoarder Tue 21-Jun-16 08:04:45

Just posted the same on another thread, but I've had great results with crown clean extreme. £30 a gallon Cheaper than dulux and very good.
I don't work for them, honest!

bearofnothingness Tue 21-Jun-16 08:06:24

i've got endurance paint around the house and would rate it. it's easy to wipe clean and does seem hard wearing

Mar15mite Wed 22-Jun-16 18:19:00

I love Dulux endurance, you really can scrub it, scuff marks, mud, greasy hand prints the lot

fairycakecentral Wed 22-Jun-16 20:38:43

We have Endurance in the kitchen. Love it but hated painting with it. 3 coats it took to paint over a really pale lilac with 'timeless' colour.

The bedroom (also same colour) only took 2 coats of natural hessian, not endurance.

It is great paint though when you gave kids.

DrSeuss Tue 28-Jun-16 10:07:15

Thanks for the advice. Dulux it is, then.

reup Tue 28-Jun-16 10:10:39

I'm not that impressed by endurance - have used it in 2 rooms and it wipes well to begin with but not after a couple of years. We have a narrow hall and the under stairs bit was trashed so I used eggsshell on it - it wasn't even a whole wall. I dont think it would work in a whole room but if you have one particular area it's great. It has a sheen but it doesn't look like I have accidentally painted gloss on a wall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now