Turkish towels - are they any good?

(8 Posts)
bonanza90 Tue 17-May-16 17:56:16

My friend bought these Turkish towels the other day and they look lovely. wanted to check if anyone used them before? they have lovely colours.

HermioneWeasley Tue 17-May-16 17:57:40

Is there supposed to be a link? Generally, Turkish towels are very good quality but there can always be exceptions!

bonanza90 Tue 17-May-16 18:01:26

she said hers is 'Luf Turkish Towels' but they also sell cheaper ones at primark I think? Would you use in the bath or beach?

Branleuse Tue 17-May-16 18:04:52

i have some that i bought for taking camping, and i like them. They dry quickly

shanhill Sat 21-May-16 14:11:43

They're ok, but I'm sure they're harder to clean and dry.

Obeliskherder Sat 21-May-16 17:55:45

Hammam towels? Ours is convenient but much less luxurious than a normal towel. We tend to use it as an extra on the beach or for camping..

I think one or two, over one of those silver survival blankets that fold up really tiny, would work a really small, lightweight but functional picnic blanket.

marmiteloversunite Sat 21-May-16 18:06:15

We have a couple of Hamman towels. They are useful because they fold up in a beach bag and are light. I would only use them in a hot country though as they don't dry you as thoroughly as a terry towel.

wowfudge Sun 22-May-16 07:44:21

I disagree that they are harder to clean and dry - they go in the washing machine and tumble dryer just like any other towel. Wash at 40 degrees maximum though. They dry just as well as a terry towelling towel, it's just different. Great in summer, for travelling, as beach towels, etc. I just wish you could get a matching bale including hand towels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now