Anyone had an Ercol sofa (contemporary style)

(8 Posts)
HeirOfNothingInParticular Fri 13-May-16 19:15:10

I'm looking at the Novara and Cosenza sofas. Going to look at Novara hopefully tomorrow. Anyone had any experience of Ercol sofa's? I know that their wooden furniture is well regarded, so hopefully the sofa's will live up to that reputation. My last one was from M&S and I wasn't impressed

GruffaloPants Sat 14-May-16 00:01:01

We have a Cosenza sofa. I like it a lot. However we do feel the seat cushions have been quick to lose a bit of shape. Have some regrets over not going for a similar style that DFS had!

HeirOfNothingInParticular Sat 14-May-16 07:08:14

Thanks GruffaloPants. That's disappointing. The seats lost their shape on my M&S sofa and had to be replaced, so was hoping Ercol would be better. I think I know the DFS sofa you mean, but think the Cosenza is nicer. Off to have a look once the shops open!

TheSteveMilliband Sat 14-May-16 07:52:51

That sofa looks lovely. My parents have an ercol but 20yrs old, has held up really well
except for the fabric fading which would happen regardless.
John Lewis have a similar one by G plan too - is it maybe more down to the material used to fill it though than the quality?

HeirOfNothingInParticular Sat 14-May-16 11:02:14

Thank you TheSteveMilliband. I'm going to pop into John Lewis and have a look. G Plan used to do another range called Ethos, which a bit more modern than their usual stuff, but I faffed around and by the time I had made up my mind they had discontinued it.

TheSteveMilliband Sat 14-May-16 11:44:52

I love the mid century style - not fashionable when parents got theirs but really like the consenza and g plan. Am envious, one of these days will get rid of our boxy dark leather sofa and get something lovely like that wink

HeirOfNothingInParticular Sat 14-May-16 11:56:32

No, it wasn't fashionable when my parents had it back in the day either! I remember them in black leatherette, with orange fabric seats!

I am going to go and look at Consenza soon, it's bit of a trek to the store that has it on display, but I don't want to risk without trying. I did look at the Navara this morning, but it's not really what I'm after. It looked nice enough though and was comfy

TheSteveMilliband Sat 14-May-16 19:53:32

Black and orange sounds......striking. Navarro looks a little like the john Lewis ikon range - I tried them in the shop and they are really comfy, but not practical with kids who spill things (cream). The Cosenza looks a bit like john Lewis Barbican - very retro but lovely. I suspect the ercol is a bit comfier and a bit better quality but the Barbican probably holds it shape very well and is very comfortable (not as much as ikon, but then I think ikon needs fluffed up often).
Ooh, you must update with what you've gone for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now