Where to buy decent bed non £££ and reasonable delivery times

(16 Posts)
Coldest Fri 29-Apr-16 16:02:51

Any thoughts on where to buy a nice bed from which doesn't cost too much and delivers within two-3 weeks. I can see the wood for trees anymore and any that I like take 12 weeks or something equally ridiculous for delivery

dickiedavisthunderthighs Fri 29-Apr-16 16:09:24

Run a mile from Bedworld.net. Website looks great but it's smoke and mirrors and it goes downhill from there unfortunately.
We bought our last one from Dreams, it took a week and they even hauled it upstairs for us! Also heard good things about Worldstores and they're not too pricey either.

ExasperatedAlmostAlways Fri 29-Apr-16 16:11:36

Homebase has a sale on right now.

Coldest Fri 29-Apr-16 16:32:06

We liked one in dreams dickoedavis but the deliver time was up to 8 weeks. Which one did u order from there? I was tempted by the IKEA malm too but the reviews put me off

PixieMiss Mon 02-May-16 14:09:37

Came on to recommend Dreams too. Our delivery was 7 days so maybe have another look or try a couple of beds?

We've got an IKEA Malm and a Sultan mattress that's eleven years old, been used as a trampoline by two children and it's still in perfectly adequate nick. They do bite chunks out of your shins if you're not careful though because the edges are so pointy. My local IKEA also delivers super quickly for a reasonable cost if you go to the store and pick out the order yourself.

PirateSmile Mon 02-May-16 14:14:38

www.thebedshop.net

Nationwide delivery.

ImperialBlether Mon 02-May-16 14:16:22

Do you prefer a divan or a wooden or metal bed? How much can you spend?

twolittleboysonetiredmum Mon 02-May-16 14:23:12

Ooh similar dilemma here so following!

Rainatnight Mon 02-May-16 14:24:25

Warren Evans.

madamginger Mon 02-May-16 14:26:57

Mattressman, we've used them a few times and never had a problem

Coldest Tue 03-May-16 14:26:48

Hi everyone. Just to update found a bed at oak furniture land express delivery in a week so will for that. We are after a wooden bed and our previous bed was a malm but it nearly maimed me. Very very sharp.

squiz81 Wed 04-May-16 12:05:55

Did you buy the oak furniture one?

If not I highly recommend Warren evans we got my sons wooden bed from them and were very impressed.

Coldest Wed 04-May-16 16:11:26

Squiz81 I didn't order it yet. From on here it seems warren Evans delivery outside London is unreliable. Did u order from outside London?

TheFineCottonCompany9 Fri 07-Oct-16 18:08:47

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

HereIAm20 Mon 10-Oct-16 22:10:23

We used Dreams - fab service delivery men - wore carpet protectors put bed together and set it all up. Really polite etc. Was an in stovk item so delivered in 4 days. Have also used mattressman and tgey are good but you can't get to try before you buy as it is online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now