Have you bought a DFS in the last couple of years?

(24 Posts)
Paddingtonthebear Tue 05-Apr-16 14:09:28

If so, are you happy with it? I don't usually like their sofas but I've seen a fabric corner sofa today I quite like.

Paddingtonthebear Tue 05-Apr-16 14:15:51

Argh. A DFS SOFA!

Paddingtonthebear Tue 05-Apr-16 19:04:00

Anyone?

Coldtoeswarmheart Tue 05-Apr-16 19:05:15

I was wondering about their leather chairs this weekend. Ikea's not really got anything in at the mo.

Yes, I'm sitting on mine right now! I love it. We paid about £1200 for a huge corner sofa, armchair and footstool and dont regret a penny. Delivery was great, really friendly drivers who brought it in and put it together. No issues at all.

Lovelongweekends Tue 05-Apr-16 19:06:43

Bought a fabric sofa a couple of years ago. It still looks ok but has sunk a lot at the back.

Cocolepew Tue 05-Apr-16 19:07:17

We got a leather recliner sofa 5 years ago and its still great.

Had it about a year btw, and is looking great considering ds uses it as a trampoline/climbing frame!

Which one are you looking at?

GunShotResidue Tue 05-Apr-16 19:10:10

We bought a large fabric corner sofa 3 years ago. DD jumps on it and tries to destroy it daily, but it still looks good and is very comfortable. I fall asleep on it regularly!

TheRattleBag Tue 05-Apr-16 19:10:39

I have a DFS sofa, but it's about 14 years old.

It's lasted well and I still like the design (very plain black leather). Just wish the bastard cat hadn't mauled the front of the arm!

Curlybrunette Tue 05-Apr-16 21:24:12

We had our last DFs sofa for about 9 years before it really sunk in, and have just replaced it with another DFS sofa about a month ago, so far so good. 2 of the 3 sofas we ordered were delivered in just over a week which I thought was really good.

MushroomMama Tue 05-Apr-16 21:26:03

We've had our leather sofas from Dfs four years now they've survived 4 house moves and still good as new

notcoolintheslightest Tue 05-Apr-16 21:41:32

I've had my sofas (part fabric/leather) for 3 years and they still look great and are so comfy for lounging on. I try to turn my seat cushions every few weeks to keep them from sagging and plump the back cushions. Some of the sofas come with foam seat cushions which is definitely a must as they keep their shape a lot longer. I think it is an optional extra on others too. Ive heard some bad press about DFS but I have had no problems at all and will buy again when these two are done.

Paddingtonthebear Wed 06-Apr-16 10:55:16

Really I want a sofa from Sofa Workshop, Sofa.com or Loaf but they are too expensive sad

swillows Sun 10-Apr-16 16:46:21

Yes bought two sofas from them six months ago - well, a small two seater and a snuggler. Love them - very comfy. Only thing to be aware of is that there is a £55 compulsory delivery charge - well they called it delivery and installation charge but I have no idea how you 'install' a sofa

Also the saleswoman did a good job on us by selling us pads for the bottom of the legs of the sofas that she described as protecting the floor and making the sofas easy to slide across the floor blah blah blah. Another £35 and they are just those felt pads you can buy in Wilko for a couple of quid shock

spottymoo Sun 10-Apr-16 16:52:31

We have the dfs nest corner sofa we've had it 6 months next week it finally goes it's the most uncomfortable sofa ever as we paid extra for foam filled seats

Paddingtonthebear Sun 10-Apr-16 18:49:01

Why is it uncomfortable? Foam in seat cushions is better for retaining shape and comfort isn't it?

spottymoo Tue 12-Apr-16 19:44:15

Only the bottom cushions are foam not the back one and their forever falling down the backs of th seats making it u comfortable.

Paddingtonthebear Tue 12-Apr-16 20:28:09

Is that the big corner sofa with scatter back cushions? I saw that in the store recently.

We've gone for the Aurora corner sofa with all foam cushions so hopefully ok!

spottymoo Wed 13-Apr-16 06:46:41

Yes it is. Hope your enjoy yours smile

JennyOnAPlate Wed 13-Apr-16 07:59:08

Yes we bought a 3 seater and 2 seater fabric sofas just over a year ago and they're great.

Our previous dfs sofas lasted 10 years.

madasamarchhare Fri 15-Apr-16 19:44:13

Had a dfs sofa for 11 years and still looked like new when we sold it. Replaced with new corner leather sofa and armchairs also from dfs had these nearly 4 years and they are still immaculate. We do look after them. Kids not allowed to jump on them and I use the dfs cleaning cloths regularly to keep them clean and moisturised.

RavioliOnToast Sun 17-Apr-16 12:46:19

We bought ours almost 2 years ago. Pay extra for the none sinky cushions! I fall asleep on ours every single night- it's soooo comfy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now