Waterproof blinds which still let the light in?

(5 Posts)
SawdustInMyHair Mon 04-Apr-16 10:16:38

What I really need is a waterproof blind which still let some light through.

All the "bathroom" blinds seem to be opaque - that kind of plastic-smooshed fabric. We leave ours down all the time due to neighbours and protecting the window frame from the shower (the window is over the bathtub). I know I could just keep opening and closing it, but it means leaning over the bath and I'm little, and from past experience neither me or DP did it.

We got a non-bathroom blind which did let the light in, but it went mouldy and couldn't be cleaned without the colour coming off.
Is there such a thing as a bathroom blind which isn't opaque? Where might one be acquired!

Cressandra Mon 04-Apr-16 23:58:59

We've gone for wide slat, faux wood venetians. They won't last forever but they are relatively waterproof while letting light in and steam out. You could just twizzle them fully closed to shower, or leave them at an angle.

Previously we had metal venetians. They lasted 5 years but were filthy by the end.

trickyex Thu 07-Apr-16 09:47:24

How about this kind of thing?
www.blinds-2go.co.uk/roller-blinds/4638/vista-white.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwipi4BRD7t6zGl6m75IgBEiQAn7CfF-7H0_9UUSFDb81EYvkA8MQ2D-RuoPko253Ag3wywQQaAn3o8P8HAQ

SawdustInMyHair Thu 07-Apr-16 15:08:51

thanks! I'll look into both those ideas. smile

Ordered some samples of normal 'bathroom blind' fabric, but they all seem to be blackout.

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Thu 14-Apr-16 09:40:07

Possibly not a helpful suggestion but have you considered replacing the window? Tiled surround, a UPC frame and opaque glass just gets rid of the problem completely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now