What can I do with this desk?

(3 Posts)
landwhale Mon 14-Mar-16 12:53:58

Recently came into possession of this double desk. Am planning on doing it up for my 2 dc to use in playroom.

Current ideas:

1)Paint bottom in Annie Sloan old white, sand/varnish wood. Use as desk. (Will be home schooling once we move in May)
2)Paint in primary colours and glue lego base boards to the lids and store lego under lids.
or
3)Paint bottom in Old White and lid in black board paint, for it to be used as more of an arts and crafts table.

After some opinions please! Or if anyone has any better ideas, I'm definitely open to hearing them!!

(Am going to try and source two stools, or a bench to go underneath; until I do it will likely just be spare kitchen chairs)

landwhale Tue 15-Mar-16 10:53:59

bump!

NoSquirrels Tue 15-Mar-16 12:35:02

Lego is a great idea, but limiting, whereas with the blackboard paint/sand varnish option you can have more multipurpose use from it.

Consider that the blackboard paint will go dusty pretty quickly and possibly look annoying? And be harder to wipe off glue/paint...

Love old school desks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now