f&b stiffkey blue for small cold loo?

(6 Posts)
growingweeble Tue 08-Mar-16 17:17:12

The downstairs loo is ready for decorating. It's a small cold room with dark blue/grey floor tiles. I was going to paint it f&b stiffkey blue with ammonite on the built in cistern cupboard and woodwork. But, I'm losing my nerve as the floor will be more or less the same colour and very dark too. Will it be too much to have very dark blue walls and floor?

Snoopadoop Wed 09-Mar-16 07:11:43

I personally think stiffkey blue is gorgeous but only really works in larger rooms, I can't picture it working in a small loo. Not sure what ammonite looks like off the top of my head but would reversing be better? Ammonite on walls and stiffkey blue on your unit?

Rupster Fri 11-Mar-16 11:10:01

Yes, I think it's too much to have dark walls too. I would go lighter. I agree with Snoopadoop about swapping the colours around.

MissTurnstiles Sun 13-Mar-16 12:42:26

There's a school of thought that downstairs loos are so small that they will never feel big, so there's no point trying and you may as well embrace the tininess with bold colours. A friend has a downstairs loo painted in Brinjal and that looks lovely, but with a light golden floor and white ceiling. I agree that darkest navy on every surface might feel claustrophobic.

How about tongue and groove cladding on the bottom half of the walls, painted in ammonite, then stiffkey on the top half? Or, if you're feeling brace, stiffkey on the ceiling and the cupboard, with a bold light fitting to pop against the navy?

FurbysMakeSexNoises Sun 13-Mar-16 21:38:52

I'd go dark but more vibrant maybe- or a crazy wallpaper print you love but not brave enough to go elsewhere!

Nepotism Tue 15-Mar-16 22:25:58

I have Hague Blue in a tiny, dark bathroom. Pale grey floor tiles, white metro tiles on wall. What makes it work is good lighting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now