Front door curtain pole

(9 Posts)
flissfloss65 Tue 01-Mar-16 15:05:07

My front door has a glass panel and I want to put a curtain up for privacy at night.

The hall is only a few inches wider than the door. Would a door pole work or would a straight rail above door recess work? Worried I won't be able to open door fully! Advice please.

AlisonWunderland Tue 01-Mar-16 15:19:42

Is your door wood or PVC?
If wood, and you want the curtain for privacy not warmth, what about a Roman blind?

babyiwantabump Tue 01-Mar-16 15:23:03

A blind company fitted one to my nans Composite front door . They had lots of different options she chose a Roman type blind but there were others . It doesn't hinder the door opening as its fixed to the door itself not above the frame like a curtain would be.

flissfloss65 Tue 01-Mar-16 15:37:00

The door is pvc. Not sure a blind would work due to door handle. They would be less bulky. Here is photo.

Callthemodwife Tue 01-Mar-16 20:51:25

I think you probably need a portiere rod. Jim Lawrence does them, or just google - it's a rod which opens with the door, best of both worlds!

SPARKLYSTARSHINESBRIGHT Tue 01-Mar-16 21:32:46

How about putting a film on the glass, you can get privacy one way, so you can see out but nobody can see in. Might be easier than a curtain.

RandomMess Tue 01-Mar-16 21:34:51

You could even just put frosted effect stuff on the glass bit!

PrimalLass Wed 02-Mar-16 23:56:15

I think you'll be fine to put a pole outside the recess, then pull the curtain over to the hinges side during the day. That's what we have.

Chocolou Thu 10-Mar-16 16:02:09

Next do a door curtain one that swings out of the way. Is £25. I've got one and it's great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now