Can you help me find this shade of blue paint (warning: very exciting thread)

(10 Posts)
JoyceDivision Fri 12-Feb-16 22:39:25

I can picture it in my mind's eye...but I can't probably describe it very well!

It is by a designer /homeware some obe a bit famous or recognised home sort of brand person, and it is a deep royal sort of blue... it's on the tipof my tongue but I can't remember it! Arghhhh!

We've been watching Pan the film and DD loved the bright blues in teh lost tribe and I said 'Ooh there is a beautiful royal sort of blue that you'd love!'except I can't find it to show her it!

Any help appreciated!

ConesOfDunshire Fri 12-Feb-16 22:51:29

Are you thinking of Majorelle blue?

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Fri 12-Feb-16 22:52:30

Wedge wood?

JoyceDivision Fri 12-Feb-16 22:53:29

Similar, thanks, but the one I'm thinking of looked a tad darker and, er, this will sound wierd, but a bit more lush, or peacock bluey?

The name like abigail ahern, celia... some thing to do with a lady designer had a ring to it...

arrghhh

But thank you for replying!

TheGashlycrumbTinies Fri 12-Feb-16 23:10:53

Is it Arbuthnot?

TheGashlycrumbTinies Fri 12-Feb-16 23:13:57

Sorry posted too soon, is it a colour from Vanessa Arbuthnot? She has lots of beautiful fabrics, just wondering if she does paint colours too?

JoyceDivision Fri 12-Feb-16 23:16:03

found it!

SnuffleGruntSnorter Fri 12-Feb-16 23:20:13

Ooh I really like that. No idea how you'd use it in a room though

JoyceDivision Fri 12-Feb-16 23:22:23

Neither have I... but we tend to have dark colours as we live in a small but old terrace.. we have slate grey room and a dark brown bedroom with really old walnut furniture in... I shall find some where to introduce it!

SwedishEdith Sat 13-Feb-16 19:05:13

Gorgeous. Little Greene's Marine blue is similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now