Kitchen splashbacks - glass, tile, paint or match to worktop?

(11 Posts)
homeworkinghubbard Wed 03-Feb-16 15:46:18

Hello! Redoing kitchen and wondering about what splashback to put behind hob - we're having Minerva worktops, but John Lewis told us it's not recommended to put their splashbacks behind the hob (even though Homebase sell specific Minerva hob splashbacks).
www.minervaworksurfaces.co.uk/

So what do you recommend - just an upstand and wipeable paint? Tiles? Glass splashback? Or go with Minerva's product and continue their own splashback behind the hob?

Thank you!

gasman Wed 03-Feb-16 16:09:58

I really like glass and am going to go for this myself but white subway tiles are pretty cool too.

Twistmyarm Wed 03-Feb-16 16:17:24

I think it really depends on the style of kitchen.

Modern gloss would suit glass
Streamlined futuristic (all white units & worktop) would suit worktop fabric as a splash back
Country hand painted shaker would suit gorgeous tiles.

Have you looked on Pinterest?

VikingLady Wed 03-Feb-16 16:36:00

We're having a black glass hob, so picked a black glass splash back. Much easier to clean than almost anything else, and it means we can repainted the walls whenever we feel in need of changing things around!

cascrockett Thu 04-Feb-16 10:01:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

homeworkinghubbard Thu 04-Feb-16 10:02:07

Thanks all. It's going to be quite a clean, modern-ish looking kitchen with matte, handle-less cupboards and drawers. I spend HOURS on Pinterest... hmm

Thanks again x

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 08-Feb-16 19:07:25

Mirrored? Looks fab with steel plug socket covers etc.

MiaowTheCat Tue 09-Feb-16 18:29:26

We're currently getting white units, black appliances, worktop and hood and black splashback to coordinate with that. Looking absolutely stunning and then we can change kitchen colour scheme easily (because I am never ever going through this again) with accessories and paint

homeworkinghubbard Tue 09-Feb-16 19:35:49

MiaowTheCat - what material is your black splashback in, please? x

MiaowTheCat Thu 11-Feb-16 10:53:44

Ours is black glass - when it ever gets fitted (builder's put his back out!)

FoxFeatures Thu 11-Feb-16 11:11:08

I have glass splash back and love the look. I designed the kitchen so here aren't any sockets cut into the glass which can spoil the look imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now