Aga in front of window

(8 Posts)
Lampy1 Thu 31-Dec-15 16:42:00

Hello , we are building a brand new kitchen but because of the layout it is looking like the best place for the aga (2/3 oven model ) is in front of the window, has anyone ever done this ?
Thanks for your thoughts .

wishingchair Sat 02-Jan-16 23:04:21

Not done it but have an aga and can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. You get far fewer splashes of cooking fat etc with an aga because of the hotplate lids, so you wouldn't be constantly cleaning the windows. They may still get a bit more grimy than usual though ...

Clobbered Sat 02-Jan-16 23:06:51

You will find it very hard to clean the windows unless you can open them outwards and do it from outside.

wallywobbles Sat 02-Jan-16 23:11:52

When the lids are up you won't see much out the window unless it one with a gas hob.

IamtheZombie Sat 02-Jan-16 23:19:27

Zombie's AGA is on throughout the year. It only gets shut down 2 days before it's service. It's cooled down after day 1 so day 2 is spent deep cleaning it - including the tiles behind it. She can't imagine trying to reach across it to try and clean windows while it's still on.

WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Sat 02-Jan-16 23:27:07

Check the building regs, I don't think you are supposed to put cookers under windows (curtains catching fire?).

wishingchair Sun 03-Jan-16 22:22:34

I manage to lean across mine when it's on to clean the tiles behind ...

wishingchair Mon 04-Jan-16 09:02:56

www.lillie-aga.co.uk/news/article/aga-under-window/

This says you can fit an electric aga below a window but not gas due to positioning of the flue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now