2bed flat trying for my 3rd

(4 Posts)
Jodiezakaroon Sun 13-Sep-15 09:54:58

Hey not sure if I'm posting in right place but could do with some advice please. I'm in a 2 bed flat with my 2 boys ages 3+4 they have there room and I have a small box room but could be done up if I look up ideas online. the only problem with it is no garden as were top floor ( not a lot of stairs though only 5flats in building) I'm right nere town and kids nursery and school and it only has a shower no bath I no my boys love showers and if I wanted a bath my dad lives down the road so could go his but has anyone lived in a 2 bed flat with 3 kids and managed I'm trying for my 3rd and could get bunk beds and get a cot in the kids room would be tight but do you think I should do it all up (paint wise and get sofa bed and ect ..) x

onthematleavecountdown Mon 14-Sep-15 12:14:44

How do you and partner fit in a box room?

To be honest instead of painting decorating furnishing etc, put the money towards moving costs.

A baby in with your other two will just disturb them, where do you plan to store all the baby stuff, would your older two still have room to play in their bedroom with a cot in there?

Could you hold off on trying for 3rd till you have a better living situation?

OliviaM91 Mon 14-Sep-15 12:21:25

My mother gave birth to my brother whilst living in a two bedroom house and he was duly sent to share a room with us once he started walking. From my personal experience it was horrendous. There were far too many people for the limited space available.

I think it would be best to work towards improving your living situation before introducing another child to the mix. Sharing a bedroom with a newborn/toddler will have disruptive consequences for school age children.

johnImonlydancing Wed 16-Sep-15 21:47:03

What happens when the children become teenagers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now