Which colour combi

(9 Posts)
Roseybee10 Fri 21-Aug-15 17:56:09

For a 3 year old's bedroom.

Looking at either apple green with pale pink or fuschia pink with Aqua/turquoise.

Would be one wall apple green or Aqua and the bedding and curtains would be pink, rest of the room cream (not getting into a debate about feature walls, just asking about the colour combos). :-)

She wants pink somewhere in it so that's fine and she said she also wants green or blue. Trying to find a combo that will do her from 3 through to about 10.

Roseybee10 Fri 21-Aug-15 17:56:37

Colour combo! Sorry. Stupid auto correct.

wowfudge Fri 21-Aug-15 23:53:37

I think a pale green would look lovely

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Fri 21-Aug-15 23:56:37

Look for a bed cover or two first, lots about in both combinations, then decide on paint.

amarmai Thu 03-Sep-15 16:02:15

A green , pink and cream combo would be lovely . I like to mix paints e.g. did my bedroom in turquoise and dark chocolate. Found that the strong turquoise looked far brighter on the wall , so mixed in quite a bit of grey to dull it down a little. Let us know how it works out.

whalewhalewhale Mon 07-Sep-15 01:40:45

The colours in this set are rather lovely and could act as inspiration, personally I'm more fond of turquoise with pink, or a pale green, more relaxing than vibrant shades of green

mumchkin Mon 07-Sep-15 03:00:56

For a bedroom I would go the softer colours - pale green and soft pink. I'm doing a nursery at the moment in pale mint green and pale yellow in the bedding/curtains/shelves and dove grey on the walls - adds colour without the 'commitment' of a feature wall and you can then change out the accent colours in the future if you get sick of them.

BikeRunSki Mon 07-Sep-15 03:55:04

I like the sound of the pink and green. I'm not keen on Aqua, too sports centre-y.

mumchkin Mon 07-Sep-15 04:06:13

Some beautiful inspiration here too: petitevintageinteriors.com.au/ashers-room/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now