Hemnes Ikea day bed

(11 Posts)
gjanes Tue 21-Jul-15 22:37:35

Hi, does anyone have the Ikea day bed? I would really like to get it for my daughters room as it ticks all the boxes, BUT I would rather she wasn't sleeping on a foam mattress every night. Has anyone found an alternative? Because the bed is such an unusual size 80x200 the only solution I have found is to have a custom made mattress from the little green sheep, but thats quite expensive.

freshstart24 Tue 21-Jul-15 22:58:55

I used to have one of these. I thought it was great. DS slept on it for a few years from 3-6, my thoughts were that it was ok as he was relatively light and the mattress seemed very supportive.

I slept on it every night for 5 months and found it very comfy.

LoveActuary Tue 21-Jul-15 23:07:16

Yes, we have one in our spare room. We went for an IKEA mattress, not the cheapest but maybe next up in price? People always comment on how comfy the bed is!

misspepper Tue 21-Jul-15 23:13:30

We have one with a non ikea mattress on that we already had as we don't need it to convert into a double bed at the moment.
It just means we have the underneath bed pulled out a little to accommodate it. In the future when this mattress needs replacing we will go for an ikea one.

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Tue 21-Jul-15 23:17:49

We've got one, but instead of using the dedicated mattress for it, we use a normal ikea single mattress and just slide the edge of the bed out slightly to make it fit.

gjanes Tue 21-Jul-15 23:29:34

Ok I see, so it can take a bigger mattress. Does that mean you don't use it as a guest bed?

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Wed 22-Jul-15 21:35:13

It's in my little boy's room so it's just used as a single bed currently.
I've got another mattress that I could put on it if I wanted to pull it out, but TBH I've not tried!! grin

Iggly Wed 22-Jul-15 21:36:23

IKEA do non foam mattresses

Procrastinatingpeacock Wed 22-Jul-15 21:37:59

I have it and love it. Have you looked at babymattressesonline for a made to measure mattress? I bought one for Ds's cot bed a couple of years ago and don't think it was too expensive.

returnofthehumanegg Wed 22-Jul-15 21:47:49

We have one, we got mattresses from baby mattress site as above, not foam, not too expensive. Is used lots as dd has rejected her toddler bed and will only sleep on that half the time.

Noseypoke Sat 25-Jul-15 10:39:34

We have these in both kids bedrooms. They are fab. DS has the ikea foam mattress on his and DD actually has a European double mattress on hers until we get round to buying the ikea ones. I've slept on the foam mattresses many times and they are very comfy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now