Which kitchen tiles for chimney breast above cooker?

(2 Posts)
monstergoose Thu 14-May-15 23:09:28

I'm in the middle of doing up our kitchen and am stuck for tile colours. The cupboards are being painted a very pale sage type green and the tiled splash backs around the kitchen are cream, with a faint leaf pattern behind the cooker.

We've currently got a line of red tiles between 2 bits of wood on the edge of the chimney breast above the cooker and I'd like to swap them for something more I keeping with the new colours. Don't want a pattern as we've got that behind the cooker, which I don't want to have to move, but don't want cream unless I could match it exactly with the other cream tiles.

Would a darker olive/sage green look ok, it'll be a line between wood painted the same pale colour as the cabinets? Any other suggestions?

KetchupIsNearlyAVegetable Fri 22-May-15 20:35:43

I cant imagine it. Pic?

A single line of tiles seems unusual to me.

Does it have to be tiled? Why not replace the tiles with more wood either to match the other wood or painted to match the cabinets.

Unless you want it to ve an eye catching feature in which case I reckon your idea of a toning dark green time could be lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now