Anyone seen any nice bedding?

(23 Posts)
YourHandInMyHand Thu 23-Apr-15 20:21:58

New bed ordered and boyfriend pipes up that does this mean I will be choosing some bedding that doesn't look like it's from the 1960s. I rather like my bedding (and matching curtains) but if I were to get something new rather than getting same stuff in a different size, I don't really know what I'd get as not seen anything that jumps out at me.

www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/duck-egg-beautiful-birds-collection-duvet-cover-set-324873

^ current bedding.

It is very girly even for me but I was fancying a girly bedroom at the time. Doesn't really go with new bed though!

BicycleMadeForTwo Thu 23-Apr-15 20:25:15

I love the bedding from LaRedoute. Usually good discount codes to use too.

griselda101 Thu 23-Apr-15 20:29:54

zara home has some lovely bedding!

FoxyVeganJane Thu 23-Apr-15 20:31:52

I'm just jumping in as I've been looking for bedding. We got some from tk maxx but it's got a funny shiny, slippy texture to the fabric.

Watching with interest.

YourHandInMyHand Thu 23-Apr-15 20:43:25

Ooh yes, la redoute and zara home right up my street style wise!

It's so hard to choose, and may need to rethink curtains and wall colours too, such a shame. wink

Owllady Thu 23-Apr-15 20:46:02

I've got habitat and orla kiely. The orla kiely stuff is so comfy
I get it all from tkmaxx

What is your bed like?

DespicableMeh Thu 23-Apr-15 20:49:13

Have a look at the Terry's Fabrics website. They've got loads and prices are pretty reasonable. I have a superking, so am normally weeping at the cost of new bedding. I've used them a few times and they seem reliable and quick.

butterflyballs Thu 23-Apr-15 20:57:26

www.amazon.co.uk/Spring-Flower-Duvet-Cover-Coloured/dp/B00S1UGYK6/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1429818876&sr=1-2&keywords=bright+bedding

www.amazon.co.uk/ALLIUM-FLORAL-DUVET-COVER-Contemporary/dp/B00I99XSRG/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1429818876&sr=1-4&keywords=bright+bedding

I like both of these

YourHandInMyHand Thu 23-Apr-15 21:02:41

New bed, ordered kingsize.

I was tempted by orla kiely before, didn't think to try in TK Maxx for it!

griselda101 Thu 23-Apr-15 21:13:28

also Marimekko - select retailers stock their designs, beautiful stuff, eg the Unikko poppy designs - very expensive though but worth it.

RaphaellaTheSpanishWaterDog Fri 24-Apr-15 23:59:12

I second Zara Home - we have recently purchased white embroidered bedding for the master bedroom in our new house and I'm very pleased with it so far!

Anthropologie do some gorgeous boho bedspreads (the word 'bedspread' sounds so old-fashioned, but I can't think of a better one!), but as much as I love them, they don't go with the antique vibe in our house....

ExitStageLeft Sat 25-Apr-15 18:15:31

20% off Zara Home today

Hobbes8 Sun 26-Apr-15 21:17:49

I love the bluebell Gray stuff in John Lewis but it's super expensive. I got some nice stuff in achica.

griselda101 Sun 26-Apr-15 21:23:09

aside from the ones we've already mentioned (and even those are not all perfect) does anyone else feel there's a distinct lack of really quality bedding designs around? I've searched high and low and am really stuck to find something I truly click with. There is the odd design but collection-wise I can't think of any brand I really would just go to automatically to find something unusual or just really beautiful.

I like bold pattern, bright colours, also whites and so on - just unusual designs that stand out on their own. And I hate polycotton!! So it would have to be a good quality 100% cotton but not priced off the ends of the earth. Although that said I would probably pay good money for something decent that I loved.

southeastastra Sun 26-Apr-15 21:24:40

i just buy boring plain white/off white from tk maxx with high thread count. then you can jazz up with colourful pillows or whatever

southeastastra Sun 26-Apr-15 21:24:57

a jazzy bear perhaps

Steben Sun 26-Apr-15 21:27:59

Laura Ashley - in sale very reasonable and lasts and washes well

ChishandFips33 Wed 29-Apr-15 13:13:28

Matalan I like the patchwork but your BF may still think 60's/girly!

ChishandFips33 Wed 29-Apr-15 13:14:45

Or take him (extensive) bedding shopping, if anything like my DH he'll soon start loving my choices grin

YourHandInMyHand Mon 04-May-15 09:31:16

Just reporting back that I was in Asda getting the food shop and thought I'd have a look at their bedding, found a nice crisp white set that I've gone for. Goes with everything and looks oh so perfect and fresh and new..... for now. grin

I will probably regret buying it but for now I'm totally in love.

here

sportyme Wed 13-May-15 20:37:05

I bought some towels from Homespace Direct recently and whilst I was browsing the website, I looked at some of their bedding. Some really gorgeous designs there (and some really unusual/weird designs - eg face of a cow or a monkey on a telephone). A lot of the duvet covers had matching curtains as well. www.homespacedirect.com

QuintShhhhhh Wed 13-May-15 20:49:22

I just got some bedding from Dunelm Mill, and boy was it rough!

Nice looking yes, but low quality, and really itchy.

Marks and Spencer has really top quality comfortable bedding.

YourHandInMyHand Thu 14-May-15 20:18:05

Quint my old bedding was dunelm and lovely and cottony soft, I reckon they will vary in quality.

Am happy to report back that my plain old asda bedding has washed really well, so much so I've been and bought a second set. It feels soo nice and almost rebellious to have bright white bedding!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now