Are silk flowers a nit naff?

(15 Posts)
Lagoonablue Thu 30-Jan-14 15:49:04

They are not cheap but are they good? I love fresh flowers in the house but they are expensive and die quickly. There are a couple of spots in my house varying out for some nice blooms but wondered if they just look a bit.......artificial?

Lagoonablue Thu 30-Jan-14 15:49:24

Crying out.

Enb76 Thu 30-Jan-14 15:50:08

Nope, I love them, depends on how much you're willing to spend though, some look really naff.

Depends... I've got one in my bedroom as I never remember to remove live (dead) ones. Not sure id put elsewhere. That's just my house tho. My friend has a beautiful white orchid. Cost about 100.

Very lifelike and tbh I never thought I'd like it but it's proper gorgeous!

Lagoonablue Thu 30-Jan-14 15:51:47

Where do you get nice ones?

HaveYouHeardOfGoogle Thu 30-Jan-14 15:52:01

I'm yet to find anything that don't look really artificial. I'd love some as I kill all plants and flowers by looking at them but the online ones are expensive and I'd want to see them before buying.

FYI mine was £7.99. Big diff in standard smile

Elderberri Thu 30-Jan-14 15:52:23

Over the years I have had various displays, but I always end up getting fed up and giving them away. They also get dusty, and look the same.

Fresh are better, I buy reduced ones only, go late to the supermarket. Or invest in some plants.

Hers were from the country living exhibition.

Lagoonablue Thu 30-Jan-14 16:03:52

If I was rich I would have a florist come and put in lovely arrangements every week. But am not so have carnations from Sainsbos or daffy that last 3 days.

Oblomov Thu 30-Jan-14 16:20:46

I hate them and think they are vile and crass.

Lagoonablue Thu 30-Jan-14 18:44:44

My posts are so full of typos. I need to turn auto correct off. A nit naff??? FFS

Reduction Thu 30-Jan-14 18:57:03

I don't like them much TBH but its the dust they gather that I really hate

Elizabeth22 Wed 05-Feb-14 16:59:55

My friend had some from Jane Packer from debenhams sale. I thought they were real!

There are some really £££ ones in John Lewis that look really realistic.

Lioninthesun Sat 08-Feb-14 22:46:26

Going to sound like a typical MNer here, but have you tried Aldi for flowers? They usually have bunches for around £2/3 - tulips/daffs etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now