Tiling in lieu of panelling in dining area of kitchen?

(7 Posts)
Decanter Wed 20-Nov-13 16:26:05

Have posted similar in chat too but things disappear quickly over there!

We are having a new kitchen fitted and I've taken a notion to tile to half height on the walls around the dining end of our kitchen (long narrow kitchen and dining bit at far end always felt a bit tagged on).

My thinking is that if we half tile the u-shaped dining part of the kitchen in the same tile as our splashback areas, it will pull the kitchen together and also be easier to clean (thinking about small kids splashy mess when eating). I also think it will look more finished than just a painted wall - I guess what I want to do is tile where panelling would naturally be, however I don't want panelling.

We are definitely going with a beveled metro tile, but haven't decided on colour, probably white against a pale green wall or lime green against a white wall. BUT, I can't find a single picture online to see how this would actually look....can anyone help? And what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Karbea Wed 20-Nov-13 16:33:01

Here's a full tiled wall.

Karbea Wed 20-Nov-13 16:35:30

Another full wall... fish

Decanter Wed 20-Nov-13 17:50:11

Thanks Karbea, saw those ones before when doing a quick google. Just can't seem to find a half tiled wall tho :/

The pictures I find seem to be diners
With the right colours I reckon it could be fab and I'm storing the idea as my lot are 'orribly messy

Decanter Wed 20-Nov-13 18:06:55

I think it could look great too but so far not many people share my view! If you have some links to pics I'd love to see them. I just hate bare walls and with no units / work tops to tie that area in, it just feels like an add-on iykwim...

sugar4eva Thu 19-Dec-13 09:43:49

I have similar situation but with bare wall at mo and it does look unfinished; any pics you have wd be gratefull to see !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now