Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

What colour cushions to help 'lift' a neutral lounge?

(16 Posts)
suebfg Tue 19-Nov-13 20:58:00

Our lounge is very neutral and needs a bit of a lift - there is no other colour in there at the moment apart from some black photo frames and black TV etc.

Also if I have some scatter cushions, should I have a few different ones?

Knackeredmum13 Tue 19-Nov-13 20:59:31

We've a very neutral read beige lounge and I've got cushions in a sort of burnt orange colour. It works well.

Mintyy Tue 19-Nov-13 21:01:18

Lime green is this years colour.

suebfg Tue 19-Nov-13 21:14:27

Not sure I'm ready for lime green!

cielschwards Wed 20-Nov-13 10:55:38

maybe try one of these colours. Found a wide variety of decorative scatter cushions on Homescapes

suebfg Fri 22-Nov-13 07:04:36

Thanks all

notablob Fri 22-Nov-13 07:06:28

What kind of neutral? Grey tones? If so, try mustard yellow (or lime green).

Justonemorecardi Fri 22-Nov-13 11:38:11

I found a couple of patterned cushions and then took some colours from them for plain cushions - it makes it look less colour 'blocky'. John Lewis have some nice ones. For example this www.johnlewis.com/bluebellgray-catriona-harebelle-cushion/p591138#default with some blue cusions, or this www.johnlewis.com/louise-body-garden-birds-cushion/p382102?colour=Blue with darker blue or dark grey. Sorry not great examples but hopefully you get the idea.

MrsHowardRoark Fri 22-Nov-13 11:49:55

All the colours!

If you want a lift then don't worry about a 'scheme'. I'd go to Ikea and get lots of different cushions. The neutral background will easily carry it and it will add a bit of personality to the room.

suebfg Fri 22-Nov-13 21:06:46

What does everyone think of these? Thinking maybe the red>

www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-starburst-cushion/p583221?colour=Red

dizhin79 Mon 25-Nov-13 22:53:05

we have neutral lounge with black accessories, cushions and curtains are greys and reds looks very striking, but u have to get the right red!

dizhin79 Mon 25-Nov-13 22:53:46

plus I love those JL cushions grin

Misty9 Mon 25-Nov-13 23:52:35

Our front room is beige and Red colour scheme and I got some gorgeous cushions from homebase not long ago. Rectangular with stripes of red gold and brown. Really works with our dark brown sofas.

Misty9 Mon 25-Nov-13 23:54:49

Two options spring to mind ... Either invest in one set of fabulous cushions - top spec - and opulent ..... Or invest in several sets to suit the seasons ( red Xmas, daffodil yellow for spring, cool summer colours etc etc ) less expensive , but will keep the room looking fresh and exciting etc !
.... The JL cushions you posted are lovely and such good value for JL !!!

Jenijena Thu 05-Dec-13 21:52:04

I have real cushions & curtains. I like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now