Recommendations for a warm neutral for a dark hall, stairs and landing.

(12 Posts)
Nyssalina Fri 29-Nov-13 23:56:54

We've just painted our bedroom in Dulux 'Nutmeg White' and I love it! smile I wanted a grey tone colour and so we tried this from the pic on the net, but when we tried it it's not really grey, more of a warm very light grey-brown colour and it's fab. I'd recommend doing a large tester square to get a good idea of the tone!

imme Fri 29-Nov-13 23:43:23

We have painted our hall and landing in Farrow and Ball New White. It is a very warm white, almost cream. The woodwork and ceiling are in Farrow and Ball Pointing. Very happy with it.

pepperrabbit Fri 29-Nov-13 22:50:48

We have dulux natural hessian AND a skylight in our hall grin and are just about to paint the ensuite in mellow mocha.
I have just painted our bedroom in Ivory Lace which I'm really pleased with and is less yellow and yet lighter/brighter than I expected.

blueshoes Fri 29-Nov-13 22:44:56

A sky light. It is what we did for our dark hallway.

mamaonion Fri 29-Nov-13 22:34:57

Have you considered white? It's so fresh and bright... My entire house will have white walls soon though got a thing about light!

Misty9 Mon 25-Nov-13 23:49:20

We found natural hessian too dark for our hallway stairs etc and went with crown sandcastle which is lovely warm cream

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Tue 19-Nov-13 20:53:27

We've got Dulux Natural Hessian, Soft Stone and Mellow Mocha around our house, I really like them all. First is yellow-toned, second looks great with deep reds and rich browns, and the third looks great against rich purples/ cerise pinks.

Cantremembermyid Tue 19-Nov-13 20:50:59

we have dulux soft truffle under the dado rail and dulux natural calico above it. huge success. smile

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 19-Nov-13 20:45:29

Timeless is lovely. As are Dulux Natural Hessian and Natural Wicker (one of them is yellower, sorry can't remember which!)

LadyPeterWimsey Tue 19-Nov-13 20:43:32

We have a warm grey - Egyptian Cotton - throughout the house. It looks very different on the walls than from the colour chart, so worth a tester pot.

NeveroddoreveN Tue 19-Nov-13 18:01:46

Timeless white is always mentioned on here.
How about a very pale yellow instead? I have that here and it is always cosy and bright.

LonelyLinda Tue 19-Nov-13 14:13:31

We have cream at the moment, dp would like grey although I think that will make it darker.

There isn't much light. I'm thinking of a cream again, something warm but am just lacking inspiration.

All suggestions welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now