Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

where to buy rugs?

(9 Posts)
Me2Me2 Wed 13-Nov-13 15:52:11

Don't like the laminate floor in the house we're getting.
Can't afford to change it yet so I'm thinking rugs - big ones - to warm the rooms and make everything look nicer.

Where sells good rugs? inexpensive (just looked at John Lewis and was a bit shocked)

I'm in london so any longer rug retailer recommendations welcome too

thanks

Try [[ http://www.achica.com/promotions.aspx?WT.tsrc=ppc&WT.mc_id=20 Achica]] - they often have good promotions on designer rugs.

Argh....link fail. Achica

ercoldesk Thu 14-Nov-13 13:29:31

Ikea actually have a reasonable selection. Some very cheap, others much less so.

PestoPeachissimos Thu 14-Nov-13 13:30:20

Another vote for Ikea here smile

maillotjaune Thu 14-Nov-13 13:36:27

We chose carpet in a local carpet shop and they finished it into a rug of our choice. North West London, if that's near you I can give you details. Can't remember exact price bur definitely lots cheaper than the JL ones we liked and we could choose dimensions.

Me2Me2 Thu 14-Nov-13 13:49:32

Thanks folks

mailto yes please give details - we're in N london, moving NW

maillotjaune Thu 14-Nov-13 17:41:56

Just pm'd you

NeveroddoreveN Tue 19-Nov-13 18:05:46

Check on ebay too! Martins money tips has a link to your local ebay (google 'martins money local ebay' and enter your postcode) so you may find something a lot cheaper with no delivery if you can collect.You may also get a new addiction though and end up with some things you hadn't realised you wanted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now