Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Anybody used Dulux "Muddy Puddle" in a Living Room ? What was it like ?

(20 Posts)
MistAllChuckingFrighty Sun 10-Nov-13 18:54:41

And did you have a contrast wall ?

I am thinking of using it with existing browns, greys and creams with a possible turquoise/aqua or pinky contrast wall

Thanks

SillyBlueHat Mon 11-Nov-13 19:04:43

I've had muddy puddle in a previous house. I used a lighter tone of the same colour on other walls.

What you've suggested sounds really nice

MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 11-Nov-13 19:07:43

Oooh, a reply ! I didn't realise this topic was so slow smile

Thanks.

AngryFeet Mon 11-Nov-13 19:12:17

Yes I did. Will try and find the paper we used with it. Hang on...

TortillasAndChocolate Mon 11-Nov-13 19:14:02

I've got it on my halls, stairs and landing and really like it. It's warm but not too dark. I don't have it in my living room but have something very very similar - it's a dulux mix your own one. I've got that one on three walls and then wallpaper on the 4th wall with the fireplace.

AngryFeet Mon 11-Nov-13 19:16:49

It was this reviews.diy.com/2191-en_gb/10928148/reviews.htm?sort=helpfulness

If you look at picture 5 on this you can see the colour (just sold the house) reviews.diy.com/2191-en_gb/10928148/reviews.htm?sort=helpfulness

AngryFeet Mon 11-Nov-13 19:18:05

Feck wrong second link - hang on

JustCallMeBaldrick Mon 11-Nov-13 19:18:49

Me!! It's the (very subtle) feature wall in our living room. The other walls are Natural Hessian. I love it, as it's warm without being overpowering. I partly chose it because I liked the name shallow

AngryFeet Mon 11-Nov-13 19:18:50
MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 11-Nov-13 19:19:07

the 2nd link is the same one of the wallpaper, AF

nice though smile

TAC, I am hoping for a warmish (not too dark) chocolatey grey, that's what the tester looks like in my north facing living room

MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 11-Nov-13 19:20:35

nice house, AF, that paint in picture 5 looks lighter than I thought it would though

AngryFeet Mon 11-Nov-13 19:22:05

Hmm it is a bit lighter than reality. Not sure I would normally call it chocolately grey though. Maybe milky coffee with a hint of grey.

MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 11-Nov-13 19:22:51

Hmm, yes, AF. I like the sound of that.

TortillasAndChocolate Mon 11-Nov-13 22:18:47

Another one if you want chocolately grey is perfectly taupe - still dulux.

MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 11-Nov-13 22:21:16

thanks, will have a look

MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 11-Nov-13 22:38:40

yes, nice

got a few more ideas on the dulux site

overtly olive looking good for the feature wall

Nyancat Tue 12-Nov-13 23:19:20

I did in previous house, it was awful, had a purple tinge to it that drove me mad. Eventually changed it to potato cake which I loved but it's not a chocolatey colour, more like a latte coffee colour.

MistAllChuckingFrighty Wed 13-Nov-13 20:56:44

Oh, boo !

Anyway, have got some more samples through the post so going to wait for daylight at the weekend and try some more.

AngryFeet what colour was you hall, love that colour ?

Jemimapuddleduk Sun 17-Nov-13 13:58:24

We have it in our dining room and it looks gorgeous! We don't have a contrast wall but have statement curtains in a purpley mauve abstract print. I agree the paint has a purple hint but in a good way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now