Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

What colour hearth and fire surround do you have?

(4 Posts)
cloudwine Thu 07-Nov-13 18:00:09

After years of having no fire in our living room, I want to get one asap.

We have oak floors and cream walls. I really like stone fire surrounds, so that will be pale too. Will a black granite hearth and back panel dominate the space too much, and will I be forever dusting it? Does a beige coloured granite look old fashioned?

It's a 1930's house so I'm thinking nothing too modern incase it looks out of place. Any ideas? Don't want to regret my decision!

Thanks

We have a woodburner in a 70s house, so quite different from what you describe, but I love our hearth which is terracotta tiles - I think they look classic without being oldfashioned, and are a nice 'cosy' sort of colour.

mummaemma Fri 08-Nov-13 22:25:16

We have a stone fire surround with black granite hearth, looks fab

Eastwickwitch Sat 09-Nov-13 15:33:10

We have a Bath stone fireplace & hearth. It's supposed to be washed but I don't bother. it's very pretty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now