Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Will this tile style date my bathroom?

(15 Posts)
SmileItsSunny Wed 06-Nov-13 11:53:32

I like it, DH isn't sure...

Would love your opinions / alternative suggestions.

NB It is for the family bathroom.

Laura Ashley Marchmount

they are lovely. I am assuming not the whole bathroom though, could be a bit too busy.

They look a bit 80s/90s to me. Not my sort of thing (although I have flower power wallpaper in my bathroom so you may not value my opinion! grin)

Well everything dates. So in that sense yes.
So it's up to you!

SmileItsSunny Wed 06-Nov-13 12:19:51

Thanks all.
Not the whole bathroom, prob just a feature wall behind the bath. Plain white tiles for the rest.

80's-90's? hmmm. in our ensuite I have gone for Isadore - I really like white!

True, everything dates - but I'd like to be ahead of the curve for a change!

SmileItsSunny Wed 06-Nov-13 12:22:06

also (while I hopefully have you still here!) if we could only afford to tile half way up the walls in the rest of the bathroom - would that look 'naff'?

im not sure if its naff to only tile half way up the wall, but I prefer that. It always looks too clinical fully tiled.

kitsmummy Thu 07-Nov-13 11:48:01

Tling only half way up is a good thing IMO, I really don't like fully tiled walls. That said, I'm not keen on those tiles either, I agree they look a bit 80s ish.

How about these? We have the green and white Laccio behind our bath and over the sink, they look fab laccio and a large format co-ordinating tile on floor and in shower

Teeb Thu 07-Nov-13 20:42:29

I'm a big Laura Ashley lover, but they are never 'current' to begin with.

BananaPie Thu 07-Nov-13 20:46:29

I don't think that they'll date in the sense that someone would be able to tell from then that your bathroom was installed circa 2013 - not sure that the pattern is all that "in" at the moment. Main thing is whether or not you like them!

deepfriedsage Sun 10-Nov-13 01:12:35

I don't think those tiles were or are in either. They are pleasant enough. Maybe a feature behind the sink will be easy to replace later if needed.

CointreauVersial Sun 10-Nov-13 01:36:10

I think you are ahead of the curve. We've been stuck in stone-effect-tile hell for the last few years, and I think the more decorative look is coming back.

Just one wall, though....

Selks Sun 10-Nov-13 01:37:46

Kitsmummy, I love those Laccio tiles - fab!

OP sorry but I do think those tiles might date, but the main thing is to go with what you like. Tiles are tricky!

lljkk Sun 10-Nov-13 01:58:40

I would like them in strategically placed strips.

SmileItsSunny Wed 20-Nov-13 20:02:19

Thanks all, sorry for the delay.
You gave me some concern with the 'dated' look... but I went with it in the end. the pattern is much larger than I expected!
but fortunately I think it looks lovely. Just one wall. Hoping to have the opposite wall painted or papered a matching blue.

Thank you for the link kitsmummy they are a little busier than I wanted. I saw something similar in pink and blue, which was ....odd. Wouldn't have been able to persuade DH though. Possibly a bit too loud for me in the green.

CointreauVersial let's hope you're right - I also hate the stone effect business, or indeed anything brown/beige!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now