Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Can a border ever not look naff?

(2 Posts)
wonkylegs Wed 02-Oct-13 16:59:46

Would a dado rail work in the style of room? They make a better break line in some houses

FriendlyElephant Wed 02-Oct-13 14:03:09

We have not long since moved in to our house and haven't been able to decorate the sitting room because of damp in the walls. We've finally had them damp proofed and replastered, but I didn't realise we couldnt wallpaper over new the plaster! The problem is, they've only done two walls and only halfway up, and the rest of the walls are in no fit state for painting (and having them skimmed is unfortunately out of the question, especially with christmas coming up).

So I was thinking, either line the rest of the walls with lining paper and paint over that and try not to notice the joins, OR paper the tops of the walls all the way around, and paint the bottoms, including the new plaster, and put a border up to cover the join. The only problem is, I've never seen a border/bordered room that I liked! Can anyone help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now