Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Second hand curtain exchange shops

(3 Posts)
deliakate Thu 26-Sep-13 21:05:28

Has anyone seen those curtain exchange shops - one chain seems to have branches in Fulham and lots of the home Counties commuter towns.

I want to change our bedroom curtains, but dh is going to go spare, as they were made at quite a great cost (over £3k including the William Morris fabric). They are very big and floor length, so i imagine quite adaptable to different window sizes etc. There are 2 pairs.

Do you think I would get a good price? Ideally, i want the money I make to fund the next curtains, as I have seen a very cheap grey linen in Laura Ashley, that I can hopefully get made up by someone more cheaply than last time.

sinclair Fri 27-Sep-13 13:52:06

I would call and ask - they will want to see the curtains before they confirm a price but they will give you an idea about what sells. On your side is size, but I am afraid pattern goes against you - especially something traditional - plain curtains in neutral colours are preferred.

But you can but ask.

deliakate Fri 27-Sep-13 15:50:37

Thanks, yes I have called them, and am planning to take them in so they can view. I was just wondering if anyone else has personal experience of this route.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now