Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Mahoosive colour decisions to be made.

(5 Posts)

I have some black mice and a mouse hole ( black silhouette - not real!!) to add interest where you'd least expect it !! Always makes people smile when they catch a glimpse ! - amazon do self sticking ones if you don't fancy painting your own ! Add a bit of childish charm to an otherwise very grown up home !!!

freezingdrizzle Tue 24-Sep-13 20:10:05

or perhaps a welcome deep in the hall leading to welcome in living room. it is rather a beautiful hue

thanks again

freezingdrizzle Tue 24-Sep-13 20:08:06

thank you minipie. dimpse is a good idea... it is beautiful. I think I have a tester of Welcome somewhere. I wonder if blackened could work in the hall, then dimpse in the living room. yes i know the stairs will be noisy but that is what we are going to do for the moment. It is carpet-less at the moment and I really like it.

minipie Tue 24-Sep-13 19:14:03

are you not going to carpet the stairs? if not, it will be very noisy... personally I would put a carpet runner down.

I like the idea of dark painted floorboards in the living room though. But if you're doing something as dark as railings on the floor I think you need something lighter on the walls, elephants breath and dove tale would be too dark IMO. Also yes a bit muddy for my taste.

For something cleaner and lighter you could consider Cornforth White which also has the slight purplish undertone though obv a lot paler than dove tale. or maybe the new colour Dimpse. Also have a look at Little Greene Company eg Gauze or Welcome, helpfully these colours come in 3 levels of darkness/intensity. Sanderson also has lots of lovely colours as does Paint and Paper library (you might like their Marble or Lead colours, again these come in 5 levels of intensity).

freezingdrizzle Tue 24-Sep-13 18:10:20

And I am getting nowhere fast. I have our decorator arriving in 2 weeks to paint interiors of our newly purchased victorian London house, but i canNOT get further than the floor sad

The living room is South East facing with very large windows, and stripped pine floors - I want to paint the floorboards Railings (F&B), the floorboards carry on into the hallway, and we have wooden stairs in good condition, so I am thinking of painting a runner up the stairs (also in railings) But I cannot decide on the living room & hallway walls... I love Elephant's breath & Dove tail, but (and I don't want to offend anyone) I think sludgey colours look a bit old hat at the moment. Plus 50% of my good mate's have elephant's breath somewhere in their homes. I love the slight purplish undertones though. And I am not mad keen on cold greys.

I know this all sounds a bit rambling, but I wondered if anyone could throw out some ideas for our walls to go with railings wooden floors. We have some art and beautiful mirrors to go on the walls, but I want a really beautiful, perhaps a little unexpected background...

asking for the impossible. ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now