Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Bunk beds for teens/adults?

(4 Posts)
Thingymajigs Mon 23-Sep-13 16:41:23

We are about to move house which will mean that my 10 and 13 yo sons will share a room. The room isn't very big and although it will take two single beds it would be better to have bunk beds.
The problem is that the boys would need a bunk bed safe for adult use but I can't seem to find anything suitable. Nor do any of the beds stipulate max weight limit. Does this mean that most people use single beds as the kids get older or is there a suitable bunk bed you can recommend.

These ones are built like tanks and can be sized to order too, plus they split into singles should your living space change in the future.

My 10 year old has plenty of space and he's a big lad - his Dad is 6'5" wink

www.landf.co.uk/

Thingymajigs Mon 23-Sep-13 17:35:08

They do look sturdy and I love the white finish. 13 yo is nearing 6ft already so I was starting to worry that bunks weren't an option. Thanks for the link, the high sleeper with a separate bed underneath could be an option for us too.

I don't quite fit in the standard size, but they used to be able to make any size as it's all made on site in their workshop (Hackney Road, London).

Best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now