Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Farrow and Ball Mizzle or Little Greene Pearl Colour?

(5 Posts)
ArcticRoll Sun 22-Sep-13 06:34:48

I'm refurbishing and decorating a shop - it has massive south facing windows so light not a problem , I'm having dark wood laminate flooring and considering which of these colours to go for? Has anyone used them or seen them in large expanse any where? Many thanks !

ILoveAFullFridge Sun 22-Sep-13 06:50:35

I don't know about the LG paint, but different decorators working for me both really slated F&B. Both said it had very poor coverage. Perhaps not the best choice for a shop. Wouldn't the nearest equivalent in Dulux Endurance be more suitable? Or are you after a distressed look?

madamecake Sun 22-Sep-13 06:59:51

We have F&B mizzle in our kitchen and it's lovely. Coverage was great, although we did go for the modern emulsion rather than the estate emulsion, which has a very very slight sheen rather than the matt chalky finish of the estate emulsion.

The modern emulsion is washable though (I have scrubbed it in places!) and it would be fine in a shop I think, but avoid the estate one, it shows up every scuff mark and can't be cleaned.

ArcticRoll Sun 22-Sep-13 09:08:43

Thanks for your replies ILoveAFullFridge and madamecake-I'm going to have them colour matched to a Johnstone's paint as recommended by my decorator-thechap at the Joohnstone's paint shop said about 50% of his business is people wanting F&B colours colour matched!Good to know that Mizzzle is lovely in situ madamecake.

lighthousesea Mon 23-Sep-13 20:52:21

I much prefer little greene paints

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now