Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Sofa recommendations please

(9 Posts)
millie19 Mon 23-Sep-13 23:40:55

Sofa.com without a doubt - have a 3 seater, love seat and footstool from them in our own choice of fabric and about to order another large one to go in barn conversion with own fabric. They are brilliantly made, very comfortable, easy to deal with and even their delivery guys were fantastic which made the whole process much less painful! Have also looked at sofasandstuff and Loaf (bought a lovely bed from the latter).

Medal Mon 23-Sep-13 12:41:27

Sofas & stuff is brilliant. www.sofasandstuff.com
Pricey but fantastic quality and extremely comfortable.

spotty26 Mon 23-Sep-13 12:37:53

Try Loveden upholstery on google. Just bought three sofas. Took 2 weeks and were a total bargain. If you cannot find it dm me and I will give you the owner's phone number.

joseph000 Mon 23-Sep-13 10:57:15

Sofas today are available in many different fabrics and many different styles.If you're investing a good amount of money into a sofa that will last for many years.I think buying sofa online is the best option.Internet has provided a lot of benefits to the consumers, one being the biggest is online purchasing of commodities

minipie Mon 23-Sep-13 09:08:51

Just got one from sofa.com, really pleased with it. Sofa Workshop are decent quality too

other places to look at (but I've never bought from them)

- sofas and stuff
- loaf
- London sofa company

Selks Fri 20-Sep-13 22:09:09

I've just bought some from Next and I'm delighted with them. Go to a Next home store and try them out. Good styles and fabric range, decently priced.

Chocolatehunter Fri 20-Sep-13 12:36:43

SofaSofa do a good choice of removable covers and are cheap. I've been to their warehouse in South Wales and they are all made in Wales. I got my sofa from Next and looks great and is very comfortable but does need regular plumping. Sofa.com are more expensive but I've heard nice things about them. Laura Ashley is always lovely too.

Jaynebxl Thu 19-Sep-13 21:34:57

Anyone?

Jaynebxl Wed 18-Sep-13 22:25:26

We bought our last two sofas from Ikea Almost 8 years ago. They've been great while the children have been small and I've needed removable sofa covers to be able to wash. However the time has come to upgrade. We want either a largeish sofa and a smaller one, or a largeish one and an arm chair and a recliner. Probably the latter. We don't want to pay a fortune but we want something nice.

Any recommendations of places to try, or even places to avoid?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now