Can you find me a pale grey blue?

(21 Posts)
EastwickWitch Sun 15-Sep-13 13:40:53

I'm going cross eyed looking for my kitchen unit colour.

DH does not want a grey kitchen, but will settle for a bluish grey.
I'm thinking a pale colour to go with Lyra or Bianco River Silestone.
So far I've come up with Little Greene Gauze & Pearl, F&B pavilion blue or Borrowed Light & Fired Earth Crom Fog.

I'm off to get samples but need to rule some out.
Have you used these colours?

PoppyAmex Sun 15-Sep-13 13:48:37

Haven't used those but our nursery walls are F&B Blackened. Doesn't look it online but if you get a test pot it comes out grey blue-ish and it's lovely

EastwickWitch Sun 15-Sep-13 13:53:42

Thanks Poppy I'll try a tester. The colour chart makes it look almost white grey.

mummaemma Sun 15-Sep-13 14:33:27
mummaemma Sun 15-Sep-13 14:41:47
mummaemma Sun 15-Sep-13 15:11:47

sophiehoneysuckle.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/making-progresskitchen-makeoverfarrow.html

my favourite - cornforth white farrow and ball. We have cupboard in bathroom painted and it looks fab.

EastwickWitch Sun 15-Sep-13 15:41:18

Wow, fantastic. Thank you so much. Cornforth white looks perfect.

staverton Sun 15-Sep-13 15:51:22

Cornforth white is gorgeous but it's not bluey. If anything it's got a hint of taupe/brown.
Welcome and gauze more bluey grey (lg)
Also platinum pale and cirrus fired earth

EastwickWitch Sun 15-Sep-13 16:06:53

Ah, that's helpful thank you.
It's definitely a grey with a blue rather than brown/lilac/green tone I'm looking for. I find the right one, then it changes colour in the day light.
Have you seen gauze in RL?
How about Crom Fog?

mummaemma Sun 15-Sep-13 16:54:40

My cornforth white is a soft grey. gorgeous. team with colourful kitchen assessories it would look fab. thought you might be able to persuade your DH. Its a very popular colour at the moment and i can see why. Love love love my cupboards.

SwedishEdith Sun 15-Sep-13 16:57:30

Borrowed Light is lovely but it's definitely blue rather than grey.

mummaemma Sun 15-Sep-13 17:03:06

love gauze. think that would be perfect for you.

PoppyAmex Sun 15-Sep-13 17:04:43

I'd try to find these suggestions on google images. Real rooms are more realistic than the samples on the paints' websites

StarfishTrooper Sun 15-Sep-13 17:11:41

We have Farrow and Ball Skylight

It looks really grey on the F&B website but it's really quite blue. Even in the link I've posted I'd say it's bluer than that. Definitely worth getting a sample as it fits your description perfectly and isn't quite as blue blue as Borrowed Light.

Beccadugs Sun 15-Sep-13 17:13:43

Our kitchen is grey units with FB pavilion blue. Oddly it is quite greenish. I second the suggestion of blackened, lovely bluey grey (have it in our living room)

EastwickWitch Sun 15-Sep-13 17:16:02

poppy I have a pinterest board full of them but again the lighting will be distorting.
I'll get some samples & let you know.
Gauze is looking promising because it comes in 3 shades that I could use in different areas.
Thanks so much for the input.

Juvenilesuccess Wed 18-Sep-13 21:19:03

Another vote for blackened. It's a lovely shade.

Alwayscheerful Fri 20-Sep-13 11:03:41

I have farrow & ball skylight and borrowed light, they are not grey they are clean duck pale duck egg colours - even in north facing rooms, sometimes they look green and sometimes they look blue.

EastwickWitch Fri 20-Sep-13 14:06:34

I have narrowed my search down to 3 colours for testing

Little Greene Gauze deep
F&B Dimpse (the chap in the paint shop was adamant I should try)
Fired Earth Crom Fog

I'll report back

EastwickWitch Sun 22-Sep-13 16:43:20

To update, Ive gone for Little Greene Gauze Deep. It's a lovely pale grey with blue undertones.
Thanks for all the advice, it's much appreciated.

Lovely colour ! Great choice !! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now