Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

What colour scheme for the living room?

(13 Posts)
LuckyToHaveYouAll Sun 15-Sep-13 10:51:44

Hi, I am moving house soon and would like to decorate the living room before me move in.

I have already bought mid grey modern sofas.

I am torn between doing the room grey and mauve/lilac or grey and yellow. I have also considered grey and lilac with plum and mustard accents.

It's quite a small room so not a lot of space but is quite light as has a big window.

So what do you think? Which colour scheme would work best? Tia smile.

cheryl19843 Sun 15-Sep-13 20:51:28

Maybe light oak and green and pink accessories? We have green and pink in living room and looks fab! Would look lovely with grey x

MortifiedAdams Sun 15-Sep-13 20:54:45

We have a mid grey sofa. The wall behind the sofa is charcoal, almost black, with white on all the other walls. We have cushions and lamp shades in mustard. Love love mustard and grey together.

AboutTimeForAChange Sat 21-Sep-13 02:16:25

I like the sound of grey and mauve/lilac.

I love yellow but I think grey and yellow/mustard is reeeeeeeally going to date.

Chocolatehunter Tue 24-Sep-13 00:00:14

I have farrow and ball conforth white (a perfect grey) with one wall of Laura Ashley avebury wallpaper and it looks gorgeous. It is white with lilac and green in so lots to tie a colour scheme into, plus it looks completely different from day to night because of the shimmer vine effect.

Grey is such a good neutral base colour - can mix with lots of different styles well - if you have a few changes of scatter cushions you can change with the seasons ?! Add a few pics for inspiration !

A few more !

buttonsforbreakfast Wed 25-Sep-13 10:03:44

Ooh I have been thinking the same - grey, mauve, and hints of darker purple. Have even considered hints of bright pink, but not sure OH will go for that...A kind of Scottish heather feel (solely based on a lovely Scottish tartan wool blanket I've seen...) We have grey and mustard and white in our hallway, but agree with thistle that it will date quickly!

buttonsforbreakfast Wed 25-Sep-13 10:11:46
buttonsforbreakfast Wed 25-Sep-13 10:14:14

Lovely blanket !!

lighthousesea Thu 26-Sep-13 16:48:51

Gray with blue and white -more Scandinavian?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now