Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Paralysed by indecision - what colour goes with Cornforth white??

(5 Posts)
Libertymae Wed 28-Aug-13 20:20:11

Please, please help as I am getting nowhere fast.
I've wanted to buy a footstool to double as a table when people come over for about a year, and have found the perfect one. It can be covered in any fabric I like - and this is where everything goes to pot. There is just too much choice!

I have F&B Cornworth white on the walls, black and white rug on wooden floor, dark leather sofas and a pink chair from Graham and Green. I also have an aubergine throw, to soften the look of the sofas.

Have considered grey velvet, aubergine, pink, current favourite would be a soft grey green - either plain or patterned. Does anyone have any suggestions of fabric that would work please?? Only need 2-3 metres so price not too much of an issue (within reason!)
Thank you

mummaemma Thu 29-Aug-13 06:39:17

Can you post a picture of the room?

williaminajetfighter Thu 29-Aug-13 07:04:06

Corn forth white has a green grey tinge so go for a sage or darker green velvet!

Libertymae Fri 30-Aug-13 15:42:36

Thanks for your help. Went into a little design shop yesterday and had a chat with them, which was v helpful. Fully suggest doing that rather than trying to look online smile

hinkyhonk Tue 24-Sep-13 15:14:46

please please tell me where you found your footstool - looking for just the same thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now