Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

How to strip mankey windows and wood?

(4 Posts)
NaturalBaby Thu 01-Aug-13 16:49:17

Am interested to know too. But I did have a school friend who's dad set their house on fire while doing this!

Movingforward123 Tue 30-Jul-13 23:14:58

Oh dear shock I'm not sure if I trust myself to do that! Any idea how long it might take to strip say one rooms skirting boards using the heat gun?

TheFallenNinja Tue 30-Jul-13 23:10:52

Heat guns are fine and you don't get the smell, practice on a piece of painted timber you don't care about first, they can get super hot and scorch the timber.

Movingforward123 Tue 30-Jul-13 23:07:10

I have looked online and found a heat gun, is it easy to use? And is it very effective at stripping paint from window frames and wooden doors?

I am about to move into a new flat which needs a lot doing to it and I hate DIY confused help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now