Cleaning fire burned walls

(6 Posts)
Candlemaker Fri 02-Aug-13 19:48:05

Thank goodness everyone is ok! Sugar soap (from B&Q) is a liquid spray which is great at getting grease, gunge, soot, etc off painted walls, wood, kitchen cupboards. It's great!

Domd71 Tue 30-Jul-13 11:40:37

We got the all clear from the fire brigade. No structural damage. We were told we can repaint it, but need to clean wall first. Our housing association are replacing the window. Through their insurers. The fire caught the curtain, window & mattress.
I didn't have contents insurance, but the items were replaced from kind freeglers, which is where we got the original items. Houston association going to help with finding an insurer.

Seeline Tue 30-Jul-13 11:29:13

cheap sliced white bread rubbed over soot marks from candles gets rid of that, but I'm guessing yours in on a slightly bigger scale?

Pootles2010 Tue 30-Jul-13 11:23:42

Surely you'll have to re-decorate? Is the insurance paying out at all? Glad everyone's ok though.

Domd71 Tue 30-Jul-13 11:22:03

Domd71 Tue 30-Jul-13 11:21:41

I had a fire in my flat on Sunday, which has left burn marks & soot on the walls. Thankfully, everyone is ok. Damage not too bad.
Does anyone have any cleaning tips to remove the marks please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now