Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Fifty shades of bloody grey

(12 Posts)
Allfurcoatandnoknickers Tue 30-Jul-13 08:07:33

I've decided on a whim that I want to paint the bathroom, which currently has a pale blue marnoleum floor, and a white suite. I'm wanting a warm pale shade of grey, any good ones around? Wondered about slipper satin or cornforth white (f&b) or open to suggestions. We are north facing if that helps......

Periwinkle007 Tue 30-Jul-13 20:46:17

no idea what it was called but I found a nice one in Wilkinson's own range last year when we were looking for our bathroom - I ended up going with a sage green colour instead but if I remember right it was a soft pale grey - might be worth a look

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Tue 30-Jul-13 20:49:01

Thanks will have a look

staverton Tue 30-Jul-13 20:52:33

Little Greene French grey
Cornforth white
Skimming stone (both f&b)
Oak apple fired earth

workingtitle Wed 31-Jul-13 10:31:34

Cornforth is lovely-- soft and warm. We had this in our old place. We've just pained our new sitting room in Strong White which has a similar tone to cornforth but is ligher.

mummaemma Wed 31-Jul-13 12:01:18

We have just painted some cupboards in Cornforth White and am very pleased. Its a soft grey. very pleased.

staverton Wed 31-Jul-13 14:00:36

Interesting- was going to do my sitting room with strong white walls and cornforth cupboards...

Chocolatehunter Wed 31-Jul-13 22:57:48

I have conforth white on my living room walls and its a really beautiful colour, I'm really happy with it.

ceeveebee Wed 31-Jul-13 23:07:20

We looked at a lot of f&b greys for our living room walls, but finally decided on a crown paint, gallery white, which is a pale chalky grey

MardyBra Wed 31-Jul-13 23:15:24

I thought this was going to be a thread about a Red Room of Pain...

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Thu 01-Aug-13 08:32:36

Fraid not Mardybra, wrong topic.

This is probably not cool, but as I had a voucher (!) I needed to get my paint from B&Q so I took my Little Green paint card in to the shop - the French Grey is a perfect match to the B&Q 'Light Rain' Kitchen & Bathroom paint, it is own brand but seems great stuff and only £18 a 2.5 litre tub!!! Comes in a Matt finish too. Makes up for all the other kitchen accessories I'm planning on :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now