Farrow and Ball colour for front Door? Recommendations?

(30 Posts)
mummaemma Mon 29-Jul-13 13:36:33

Just started stripping off old paint ready for new fresh colour.

Just can't decide which colour. Anyone have F & B paintl on their door they could recommend?

Ohhelpohnoitsa Sat 03-Aug-13 19:34:00

London stome is gorgeous but our house is too. modern for it to suit sadly. We have railings or downpipe, cant. remember which. It matches the blue bricks in oir house perfectly.

mummaemma Sat 03-Aug-13 18:45:27

hold on i can put it on here too.

mummaemma Sat 03-Aug-13 18:44:14

we have just stripped off dark blue acrylicplexiglass. I have uploaded a picture on another post in home decoration. im guessing you dont like my colour choice as some of them are greeny sludge colour lol and not dark. please have a look and tell me what you think. thankyou

mummaemma Sat 03-Aug-13 18:39:06

yep it certainly looks green whatkungfuthat. Loving it though. Thanks for the picture.

AcrylicPlexiglass Sat 03-Aug-13 17:04:57

I'm not a farrow and ball person but I think strong colours are best for front doors. Forest green or red or dark blue are lovely. At all costs avoid the grey green sage sludge type colour that spreads like a rash when areas gentrify (unless you really love it of course).

whatkungfuthat Sat 03-Aug-13 16:54:26

This is it on the old cupboard

whatkungfuthat Sat 03-Aug-13 16:51:37

Its been ages since I painted it but the door is covered and not faded by the sun so perhaps they have changed the shade a bit? I also painted the wooden frame of my conservatory and an old cupboard and it looks quite green there too. I have an old bench outside painted in Cuprinol 'seagrass' and its a slightly greener and duller version of that iyswim?

mummaemma Sat 03-Aug-13 16:37:53

i meant green blue??

mummaemma Sat 03-Aug-13 16:36:55

Whatkunffuthat thankyou blue green is one of my shortlist, can you have a look at my other post on "home decoration" called paint colour? theres a blue green there and i thought it looked more blue than green? thankyou.
Koolforcats, have you started painting yet?

whatkungfuthat Sat 03-Aug-13 15:13:50

I've got green blue, its much greener than blue though and doesn't look anything like the website example

koolforcats Fri 02-Aug-13 08:54:59

Found it, thanks. I hope you get on well with your project. I think going to a F&B shop probably confused me more which is why I bought something completely different to what I had gone in for! grin

mummaemma Thu 01-Aug-13 18:49:32

make sure you are on the correct page, theres a couple. Farrow & Ball with over 71,000 likes. posted 17 may. Theres a couple of pictures on pinterest too.

koolforcats Wed 31-Jul-13 23:17:54

Ooh thanks, great suggestion! I just had a quick look and can't find that image - when was it posted/how do I find it? Ta!smile

mummaemma Wed 31-Jul-13 21:53:43

Ooh yes have seen pictures of front doors in that colour. Does look lovely. If u r on Facebook their page is good if you look at images there's a brassica door. Great comments.

koolforcats Wed 31-Jul-13 19:43:27

I mean brassica smile

koolforcats Wed 31-Jul-13 19:41:43

Well I ended up coming out with a colour I'd never intended! It's kind of purple grin bressica I think it was called. Not what I was planning so I hope I like it!

trixymalixy Wed 31-Jul-13 13:15:19

I'm painting mine pigeon.

mummaemma Wed 31-Jul-13 13:13:12

bump - Anyone else? your suggestions very much appreciated :-)

mummaemma Wed 31-Jul-13 11:53:53

ok thanks would love to know what you choose. Have never been to F & B shop. think its 30 miles way. Last time i just ordered colour from Homebase.

koolforcats Tue 30-Jul-13 22:02:31

I'm going to an f&b shop to drool tomorrow mummaemma so I'll let you know! smile

mummaemma Mon 29-Jul-13 23:27:06

quite like the look of green smoke. Trying to find an image of a front door.
what colours are you considering Koolforcats?
some i like are card room green, lichen, railings, parma grey, green blue, castle grey, pigeon, calke green, lulworth blue. so many i like. too many to buy samples lol.

koolforcats Mon 29-Jul-13 23:11:14

Shameless lurk as I was about to ask the same. I'm having a new gate made and need to choose a colour for it to be painted and then plan to do the front door the same. My neighbour has f&b green smoke which is gorgeous but I'd like to have something different.

mummaemma Mon 29-Jul-13 22:00:59

mummaemma Mon 29-Jul-13 13:59:19

Bliss - do you know what the colour is called?
Fidget - Cant find this on their website.

FidgetPie Mon 29-Jul-13 13:47:45

We have a lovely grey - RAF grey I think it is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now