Really blacking out a room

(4 Posts)
chloeb2002 Wed 31-Jul-13 14:38:07

I have been known to use tin foil in the window! Blocks out all re light do I get sleep after a night duty!

workingtitle Thu 25-Jul-13 15:12:19

Our nursery is very bright, so we have a blackout rollerblind and a roman blind with blackout lining that is a fair bit wider than the window. Together they work pretty well, nothing is absolutely perfect I guess, although grants idea sounds good!

grants1000 Thu 25-Jul-13 14:16:37

Velcro on window frame you wish to black out, other bit of velcro on double thickness blackout blind material cut and stitched to fit window frame perfectly, so you simply velcro the fabric on and off the windwom frame. Peel on and peel off and the room is a black as black can be.

didireallysaythat Thu 25-Jul-13 08:02:30

In the past we've had black out roller blinds and lined curtains but of course you get light leakage around the edges. Is there anyway to really make a room dark ? I can't go as far as external shutters (I'd love to) but short of making boxing for a roller blind, is there a way ? Perhaps an oversized Roman blind ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now