Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Is there such a thing as a modern minimalist type awning?

(6 Posts)
northerngoldilocks Mon 29-Jul-13 22:02:43

Thanks for the comments. I got someone out to advise / quote. Seems we can get something and the awning itself would look fine but because of the design of our house we'd have to have brackets round the sides and I'm not 100% sure I'd be happy with it. Going to investigate other sails to see if that is the compromise solution

GummyLopes Thu 25-Jul-13 13:53:07

Speaking from personal experience. which I don't wish to go into, I'd advise against.

ClaudiaCutie Thu 25-Jul-13 13:47:03

A full retractable one which is a plain cantilever in a solid color is about as minimalist as you can get, and should be obtainable in a matching colour to your wall colour. The whole thing should vanish back into a sort of cartridge at the touch of a button, and be a simple plain sheet of canvas on a metal frame when "out". Is that what you're after?

This?

accessawnings.com/patioAwnings/

Or this?

www.superiorawnings.co.uk/TypeA.aspx

workingtitle Sun 21-Jul-13 21:19:45

Sorry I didn't read your post properly--you already have a sail... Ignore me!

workingtitle Sun 21-Jul-13 21:18:54

How about a sail awning? Like this Although not as easily retracted...

northerngoldilocks Sun 21-Jul-13 19:57:00

We have bifold doors onto a stone terrace. It's been so hot so I'm trying to work out what might work for shade. We have a sail but it won't be 'right' (or very convenient).

The obvious solution is an awning over the terrace as I love the idea of the motorised ones for ease of use. HOWEVER - I still want it to look good - does anyone know if such a thing as a stylish awning exists please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now