furniture ideas

(6 Posts)
joseph000 Wed 18-Sep-13 12:28:43

Buying furniture is one of the largest investments you will make as a home owner. You'll use it every day for years to come, so make sure you make an educated choice when browsing through the available options.Quality is important when you purchase furniture and must be considered regardless of price.

Caterpillar0 Wed 10-Jul-13 14:48:28

great suggestions folks! thanks.

kalidasa Wed 10-Jul-13 14:40:06

For new stuff, we looked at Raft, Lombok and Heals. But the great majority of our furniture we bought at auction - auctions handle modern stuff as well.

Our sofa came from Multiyork. They had a really good range of options for upholstery/cushion firmness/choice of feet etc. We had almost no furniture to start with and the only things we bought new were the sofa, an armchair, a coffee table and a unit to put the TV on.

workingtitle Wed 10-Jul-13 13:04:44

I think Dwell has gone into receivership?

Made have some nice looking stuff (made.com) but there are mixed reviews of quality/customer services.

I like habitat.co.uk and nest.co.uk and have found quite a lot of stuff locally on ebay too.

Mhysa Wed 10-Jul-13 12:55:08

Dwell is a personal fave of mine.

Caterpillar0 Wed 10-Jul-13 11:02:05

I'm looking for furniture inspiration. Where do people buy living room stuff? I've trawled through homebase and john lewis for sofas. Some nice stuff but I'd like to see some more funky pieces.

Who sells contemporary furniture in the UK?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now