Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Wood flooring

(9 Posts)
kerryxx Wed 19-Jun-13 10:41:46

This is what we have used. They look nice.... well I think so anyway but I suppose I am a bit biased!
http://www.tiles-direct.com/items-4741-Xilema-Tiles-0

As long as they are hard wearing im not really bothered smile

kerryxx Mon 17-Jun-13 15:56:21

Do you want real wood or would you consider wood effect tiles? We've out wood effect tiles in our house and they look exactly like wood but obviously aren't.

The one I like is at B&Q but its £20 a pack shock though it does seem very tough

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Fri 14-Jun-13 17:38:51

We got ours (solid wood) from B&Q after looking at all the 'posher' places. My carpenter said it was an easy lay (snigger) and it still looks great 3 years on. They had quite a lot of choice from what I remember. Was still pretty expensive......,

yetanotherworry Fri 14-Jun-13 17:37:24

I can recommend UK flooring direct. They send out samples to help you choose. They were very helpful when I realise that I needed to order my floor in order for it acclimatise about 5 minutes after someone else did and they ran out of stock. The found a replacement that was slightly narrower but could get immediate stock. Delivery was good as well.

bump grin

wonkylegs Fri 14-Jun-13 16:54:57

Sorry can't help. I want pointers on this too as we want some for our new house, so watching with interest.

Can anybody recommend where is best to get wood flooring from .
Need it to be hard wearing & preferably not cost an arm & a leg if that poss

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now