Paint colours to go with curtains for dd's room

(10 Posts)
motherofvikings Tue 18-Jun-13 14:05:48

Runswithscissors - I'm very impressed you made blinds! I've had the fabric for 3wks now and still haven't started on the curtains! blush

motherofvikings Tue 18-Jun-13 14:02:28

The blue is lovely but I don't think it'll be right for dd's room. However ds wants his blue and orange. That blue would look good with a few bright orange shapes dotted around. smile

Colour matching might be the way forward.

RunsWithScissors Tue 18-Jun-13 08:45:33

I made blinds for DDs room with that fabric. I love it.

I used blue in her walls (Dulux summer medley 4 soft sheen). We have oak flooring, white trim and furniture) It looks wonderful.

If not a fan of the blue, I'd definitely colour match to the fabric.

motherofvikings Tue 18-Jun-13 08:21:32

Thanks! smile

The tunsgate green looks very yellow to me (on my iPhone).

Doing a colour match might be a good idea. smile the whole room will new painting though as I know as soon as I paint one wall the rest will look shabby! to me

LegoAcupuncture Mon 17-Jun-13 22:18:36

I'd get a colour match of either the blue, green or pink of the curtains and paint one wall/opposite walls in that, leave the rest cream.

Beautiful fabric.

TwentyTinyToes Mon 17-Jun-13 22:17:15

What about f&b tunsgate green? We have a tester up and is a lovely muted green on the wall. Much greener than it looks on the tin. Just too colourful for me!

TwentyTinyToes Mon 17-Jun-13 22:12:54

Ha ha, well DD has our boxroom so tiny too, although lots of light. I can't think about it any longer, have driven DP insane with the constant discussion!9 Good luck.

motherofvikings Sun 16-Jun-13 20:38:23

I like that colour - might pinch it for our room! smile

I had though about white-ish for dd's room but its no a massively open or airy space iyswim so I'm not sure it would give the right look? confused

<realises I'm speaking in interior design waffle and scuttles off blush >

TwentyTinyToes Sun 16-Jun-13 07:54:57

I initially wanted purple or green for DD's bedroom, after much discussion and many tester pots later i have settled on a very pale blue, F&B cabbage white. The fabric is lovely btw.

motherofvikings Fri 14-Jun-13 14:06:50

The house we're renting will soon be ours smile

So at last we'll be able to decorate! First on the list is the dc's.

I've bought this fabric here for dd's curtains.

She has a beige/ cream carpet and antique oak furniture. The walls are magnolia bland-ness so I want to add some colour. It's a fairly small room though - 2.5ish meters each side.

I was thinking maybe purple/ green?

Any ideas before I get carried away with paint cards? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now