Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

help me with paint colours please?

(8 Posts)
frazzled74 Thu 13-Jun-13 22:03:42

I am looking for a colour to paint sitting room, hall and landing (same colour as kind of open plan/linked) I dont want cream, magnolia beige but do want subtle, tasteful pale colour maybe a hint of yellow or green . I then want a different colour for dining room and kitchen that could be a bit brighter/bolder but not too much so. It is a victorian/edwardian terraced house that is looking a bit shabby but not in a shabby/chic way.

Allthatglitters789 Thu 13-Jun-13 23:13:27

Pale mint?

Confuseddd Thu 13-Jun-13 23:20:30

Oh Linnet from Little Greene is the business.

changeling1234 Thu 13-Jun-13 23:23:53

pale grey is very in and looks v classy

frazzled74 Fri 14-Jun-13 10:20:09

thanks, i think a grey would work in the sitting room and hall but am looking for something a bit more cheerful for the kitchen and dining room,Im liking the little greene website, thanks confused, Ive not heard of them before.

kerryxx Mon 17-Jun-13 15:59:16

We are putting Chalky Downs 3 and 4 in our hallway, living room and open plan kitchen. The 3 is darker than the 4. Both have hints of green. From Dulux

frazzled74 Mon 17-Jun-13 22:42:05

thanks kerry those colours are lovely ,i think its probably what im looking for.

kerryxx Wed 19-Jun-13 10:39:16

Oh that's good smile
Make sure you test them in each place though as it looks different in our living room to say our hallway because of the light

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now