Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Wood flooring- minimum breathing time?

(5 Posts)
mervynmouse Fri 07-Jun-13 20:39:02

Reassuring advice Valium- thanks smile

valiumredhead Thu 06-Jun-13 23:22:53

Ours was about 4 days and had been down 6 years and is fine.

mervynmouse Thu 06-Jun-13 23:17:01

Thanks APsmile I guess they say as long as possible to cover themselves. Great, one less thing to stress about!

We were told a week, and ours has been down for a couple of years and is perfect. So I'm sure 12 days would be fine.

mervynmouse Thu 06-Jun-13 22:54:34

I want to replace the laminate flooring in the sitting room of the house I am in the process of buying with solid oak. The suppliers advice is to leave it in situ for at least 2 weeks before fitting to acclimatise. Now, I have a 2 week window between moving out of rented house and into new one when I was planning to get most redecoration jobs done, while there is no furniture/children/pets to worry about.

This means even if i get the flooring delivered the very day I get the keys, I would be pushing it to get it down in time. Would say 12 days really not be long enough? I don't want to risk ruining the floor, any advice gratefully received!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now