Where and how to hang curtains?

(3 Posts)

This helps a lot, spix, thank you!

spixblue Tue 04-Jun-13 21:43:46

Hello! Sorry I'm not an interior design person, but I can offer a few tips. I sometimes get ideas about how to solve house design issues from near neighbours. Estate agent websites will also carry lots of pictures of houses in your area. Take a look at how other people have styled similar homes to yours.

The main thing is to be sure you're drilling into a reliable surface. I've had to have shutters installed in our front room because the plaster above the window is so shoddy.
On the pole or track question, I'd opt for a pole purely because it sounds like you have a long length of curtain to hang and I think rails can get a bit overwhelmed by the weight.

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck!

I know, I know; above the window is a good place grin

It's a Victorian house and the window architrave is level with the picture rail. Currently, the curtains hang on poles which are screwed into the architrave, but this just looks a bit...mean. I feel that the curtains should be hung higher and wider to make the most of the window, but how and where? Right up at the ceiling, on a pole or track? Or a bit lower? And then do you need to cover the track with a pelmetty thing?

I keep seeing this pic online..

I need an interior designer clever person sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now