Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Paint colour ideas please

(2 Posts)
brensky Sun 07-Apr-13 18:45:53

Hi
We have a big family gathering here in less than 2 weeks and our downstairs is in need of a serious face lift. Painting walls would be a start. Our living room is cosy white woodwork Bay window and lots of light. It has picture rail too so high ceilings. Currently hav roman blinds on bay a v pale gold and terracotta striped fabric which I can't afford to change. Currently it's a v pale cream. Any suggestions. Rest of house is open plan leading into kitchen. The kitchen is cream high gloss units black granite counter top and there is a red glass splash back over hob. It's a good size kitchen diner with an island in the middle. I would love to do something with these rooms. I really like light grey/off white modern look but do my roman blinds tie me to the cream family of colour in living room. Does the red mean I should also stick to v neutral in the kitchen I am hopeless about colour. I think whatever colour I have in kitchen will have to do our middle room as one leads into the other. Any suggestions very appreciated. Desperate at this stage

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sun 07-Apr-13 18:56:36

There are some terracotta and grey colour schemes here and grey would certainly go with red.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now