Vase fillers?

(3 Posts)

No twigs and pebbly shit, obviously... wink

We're putting our house on the market soon and I'm trying to make the empty fireplace look like something other than, well, an empty fireplace.

Went to TK Maxx and bought a spherical glass vase, about 40cm diameter. I just don't know what to put in it. Flowers are out because I have some (artificial but hopefully not too naff) calla lillies on the fireplace - although they can be moved elsewhere of course.

Any ideas? I've been Googling and checking Pinterest but nothing's jumped out at me so far.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Thu 04-Apr-13 15:38:58

big candle?

There's something weird you can do with oil and water and food colouring to make some sort of bobbly thing. I think. Don't hold me responsible if that's not true grin

Or just the empty vase, if it's a nice one?

coloured sand in layers?

Jellykitten1 Thu 04-Apr-13 15:49:14

If using the vase then TBH in order to dress the house for selling, I would put pebbles in it. Don't assume everyone is a Mumsnet snob when it comes to that. It's perfectly acceptable especially when appearing mainstream for house selling purposes.

Or you could put in a large-ish ornament from soemwhere like TK Maxx

or canvas picture, propped up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now