Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

melin tregwynt blankets

(7 Posts)
MoominmammasHandbag Sun 31-Mar-13 21:03:40

I have a melin cushion. Gorgeous sturdy fabric, but not at all soft. The mill shop is lovely; DH had to dread me away from the coats.

NuttyNewDog Sun 31-Mar-13 18:21:31

Peacock Blue? But be careful when you google!

wfrances Sun 31-Mar-13 18:03:04

thanks for your replies
should have added dc are age between 9 and 17,
im yet to find broad/wide stripes in any wool blankets anywhere else
dont want the nautical look, checks/plaid or plain.
will look at dunhelm mill and john lewis- thanks
anymore suggestions very welcome.

We have one on our bed , but I wouldn't put one on a child's bed .
I think they're dry clean only aren't they ?
It's very light , looks very nice .
We have it on top of the duvet .
I would buy something cheaper easy to wash for a child's bed .
What age are the children ?

I have a melin pillow which is lovely but my Avoca blanket is much much softer - available from JL

danidrury Sun 31-Mar-13 09:18:19

They are a bit nasty try dunhelm mills they have similar cheaper v soft and they wash well

wfrances Sat 30-Mar-13 10:15:44

im thinking of purchasing the broad stripe blankets for my childrens beds but 1 review ive seen have said they,re thin and coarse-
has anyone got one ??
i do need the blanket to be soft,not so bothered about the thickness as it will be more of a throw.
tia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now