Want to add a little bright colour to a very taupe living room - which colour cushions?

(12 Posts)
Bonsoir Thu 04-Apr-13 18:28:35

Try Caravane. Lots and lots of cushions and throws.

armagh Thu 04-Apr-13 09:49:18

Dunelm Mill
Next
M&s
John Lewis
BHS
Primark
???

couldwinterstopnowplease Wed 03-Apr-13 20:32:12

I haven't actually managed to find any yet. Like the idea of metallic sequinned but in a sort of burnished bronze - think that might go really, really well. Any ideas on where to find them?

armagh Sun 31-Mar-13 18:33:14

Gold sequinned ?

DameDoom Sat 30-Mar-13 11:27:26

You've probably bought your cushions now but what about kilim type. You could get a few slightly different ones - they look brilliant when they clash and would definitely lift the taupe. I don't know why, but kilims seem to match every decor.

couldwinterstopnowplease Wed 27-Mar-13 09:25:17

Have tried my turquoise ones from upstairs and am not 100% sure. The paint is taupe but has a slight lavender type tone so I'm now wondering if cerise might work better...off to JL later!

nipersvest Tue 26-Mar-13 22:56:59

turquoise

couldwinterstopnowplease Tue 26-Mar-13 22:52:47

Poppy - yes they were exactly the sort of colours I was thinking of. So any of them do you think? I have some lovely teal cushions already but was unsure of moving them in here.

Not sure I can imagine red but cerise or teal are the winners I think. The apple green sounds lovely but maybe too modern somehow.

Thanks so far. Any links to gorgeous cushions out there?

HugeSigh Tue 26-Mar-13 22:33:00

I've used a bright apple/lime green - not neon but very spring like. Really adds some cheer.

But I agree with teal, pink or purple working too.

NeverBeenToMe Tue 26-Mar-13 22:31:27

A interior designer on R4 last week was saying every room should have a "touche de rouge". So, red is my offering smile

PoppyWearer Tue 26-Mar-13 22:29:57

Teal blue, cerise pink and green. Purple too.

couldwinterstopnowplease Tue 26-Mar-13 22:25:50

My living room is a mix of taupe tones and some mid to dark brown leather (armchairs). I would like to add a bit of colour with some jewel-coloured cushions and maybe a throw.

What sort of colours might work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now